Enterprise Europe Network (BRDE20170307001)
A German medical devices distrubtion company is looking for new medical technology products in the field of in-vitro diagnostics, point-of-care diagnostics or wound management and related fields to be distributed by them in Germany under a distribution services agreement. Furthermore, they are offering joint venture agreements with innovative medical technology manufacturers.
The German medical devices specialist has been distributing and leasing medical equipment to hospitals and other clinical institutions in Germany successfully for more than 15 years. The company is headquartered near Frankfurt, in the center of Germany, and employs more than 20 people. Its customers include university hospitals, clinic associations and specialist hospitals (e.g. dermatological clinics) all over Germany. During the last decade, the company established itself as a well-known and leading distributor in the field of transcutaneous blood gas monitoring and point-of-care diagnostics, having cooperated with leading medical device manufacturers. Their processes are ISO certified and they dispose of highly motivated and qualified sales force in order to best serve its clients at the highest standard of quality.
The company primarily operates on the German hospital market. The customer base includes more than 800 hospitals with more than 2.000 potential customers. Moreover, the company delivers to ambulances, nursing services and medical logistics providers/dealers. Within the hospital, the focus areas include the emergency room, intensive care unit, pneumology, cardiology, cathlab, point-of-care-testing lab, laboratories, interventional neuroradiology, dialysis, heart surgery, diabetology as well as various others.
The current product range encompasses four main product groups:
1) Transcutaneous blood gas monitoring: Transcutaneous blood gas analysis is a method for continuous, non-invasive monitoring of ventilation and oxygenation. The monitoring of the two important blood gases CO2 und O2 allows a direct detection of changes in the oxygenation status.
2) Point-of-care-testing coagulation: Monitoring of important parameters from patients during anticoagulation therapy and the patient’s platelet reactivity to antiplatelet medications.
3) Point-of-care-testing blood analysis: Analysis of important blood parameters in different clinical environments to support in the diagnosis and detection of shunts in the heart and large vessels.
4) Point-of-care-testing cardiac markers: Fast and reliable analysis of cardiac blood markers for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
In order to widen their range of products, the German company is looking for innovative products for the German hospital market in the field of in-vitro diagnostic, point-of-care diagnostic or wound management and related fields that fit into the existing product portfolio. Possible cooperation forms include distribution services agreements or joint ventures.
As cooperation partner, the German company is able to offer:
- Resources and skills to quickly introduce and spread new products into the German hospital market
- Existing relationships and contracts with all major purchasing- and hospital groups (that lower market entry barriers)
- An existing experienced workforce and technical infrastructure for a quick introduction of new products
- An excellent reputation, which additionally eases the introduction of new products
- In-house technical support staff
- Sales and cost synergies
For more information please contact Enterprise Europe Network Latvia.